I’d say it’s been a rough few months, but honestly, it has just been more of the same. I’m always exhausted, people are always angry, my cats literally get into fights on my bed sometimes over who gets more hugs.
You know, the usual.
Even though I’m probably never going to be as productive as the average person, I’ve decided a few things need to be dealt with, and I need to try to maintain at least some things I do regularly aside from lamenting that Woolies doesn’t sell my favourite biscuits anymore, and hasn’t in years. Or lamenting in general.
So here’s our life goals which are totally ambitious!
Goals as of the 17th of May 2016:
- More reading. — For several years my reading pace has slowed down, which would be fine if by slowed down I meant “stopped devouring books in two days or less to read at a more leisurely pace” and not “sometimes a book is involved in my life. maybe.” so I’ve set myself a meagre goal of ten books this year on goodreads, a number I’ll up if I can keep going. So far I’ve read two. More on those later.
- Post on my blog(s) at least once a week. — Sometimes these posts will be the same on both blogs, as I’ve added a plugin that should let me crosspost to Dreamwidth from my personal site.
- Write more, and write often! — This used to not be a big deal, because I used to rp a lot but I’m currently between games and most of my friends have silly things like real lives and so aren’t really around. I’d like to write at least once a week, at least a thousand words. Reading more should help this, because I find you write best when you’ve been reading a lot.
- SEWING. DO IT. — Yeah, I need to do it some more and maybe look into a more comfortable chair and a way to watch netflix while I sew so I can have more to focus on than how much it makes my body parts hurt.
- Work on the new rpg project. — Currently it’s one of those things where I like it, but I can also feel myself drifting and while that’s fine for PSL’s, recent experiences have told me that maybe sandbox worlds with only general rules and lore aren’t the best option. I’d like to get a few people helping me with it, too, but I think I need to define things better first.
- RP related tutorials and guides. — I have a community set up on dreamwidth for the express purpose of sharing things like guides, tutorials, resources that don’t belong in my graphics community, etc and I haven’t really used it except to post some rainbow sheep, so I need to fix that. Some ideas include: how to use a wiki for your rpg, how to make your own external game site that’s easier to maintain and customise than DW, stuff about forum software, etc.
It’s mostly writing, reading and do some sewing but it’s something to try for, at least?